Projection is measured from the point of attachment out to the very outside of the front gutter.
If you are not wall mounting, try to attach through your fascia board and into your truss ends, and don’t forget to take the overhang into consideration when you order. We recommend approximately one foot of overhang around the perimeter of your deck or cement pad to protect it from the elements.
8' posts are included in all our Patio Cover Kits. Post height is based on 1/2” per foot slope but order your posts a little long, they are the one component you should trim on site.
Take your time when you measure and decide on a size, because once your order is placed it is non-refundable and non-returnable.
Shipping and Other Information
- Our Patio Cover Kit prices include all packaging and applicable taxes - shipping is extra.
- GL Aluminum Patio Covers accepts E-transfer, PayPal and all major Credit Cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
- Once your order has been received by GL Aluminum, we will send you a confirmation, as well as a separate invoice for applicable shipping costs.
- Follow all local building codes along with our engineering specs for maximum allowable spans, relating to the snow load in your area, as well as post spacing necessary to install within the limits of the engineering. In high snow load applications, extra posts and beam may be required.
- For longer posts and all sizes not shown in our Online Store, or for custom orders, please contact us directly at Toll Free 1-844-373-2557 or refer to our Request a Quote page.